|I am walking.||I am not walking.||Am I walking?|
|He is walking.||He is not walking.||Is he walking?|
|She is walking.||She is not walking.||Is she walking?|
|It is walking.||It is not walking.||Is it walking?|
|We are walking.||We are not walking.||Are we walking?|
|You are walking.||You are not walking.||Are you walking?|
|They are walking.||They are not walking.||Are they walking?|
1. When action in progress at the moment of speaking.
“What are you doing? – I am fishing”.
2. When action in progress around the present time.
She is writing a book this year.
Now Nick is studying German.
Когда совершенствование, развитие, изменение вокруг настоящего.
3. When there is change, development, improvement
It is getting cold this month.
Our children are getting cleverer and cleverer.
4. When people speak about prearranged actions:
My sister is visiting me today.
What are you doing tomorrow?
5. Element of criticism (annoying). It usually goes with (always, constantly, continually and forever)
He is forever biting his nails.
Why are you always leaving your clothes around?
6. Present Continuous is used when we speak about temporary actions:
She is looking for a job.
She is visiting her sister.
At the moment, at present, now, currently, just, still